Inflight Dublin, a world leader in the provision of inflight entertainment to over 40 clients worldwide. We’re one of the two CSP providers in Europe and the only one in Ireland, guaranteeing global exposure into the world of Inflight Entertainment.
At Inflight Dublin, we understand everyone has different commitments, and as a result we provide job flexibility for our employees.
Great location, an attractive benefit package, an extra day off on your birthday and a wide range of social events including our famous bake offs and monthly Pizza Friday, definitely resonate with lots of candidates!
As we continue to grow, we are seeking to hire a DevOps Engineer.
We’re looking for a talented DevOps Engineer to help us build industry top-class In-Flight Entertainment (IFE) system. The development team at Inflight Dublin is a multi-faceted, fast-paced team. As a DevOps Engineer, you will work on Linux server setup and automation, server virtualisation, server hosting architecture design and implementation, network configuration and optimisation, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
The successful candidate has a key role in our wireless IFE application development and other innovative products development.
Reporting to the Head of Development, the Candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Gather all requirements including competitor research
- At least 3+ years of experience in network engineering
- Previous experience with scripting in Shell, BASH, Perl, and/or coding in Python or other programming languages
- Comfortable working on Linux operating systems, specifically Ubuntu and Yocto
- Experience with Ansible automation tool
- Experience with Jenkins, CI and CD
- Prior experience with server virtualisation software, such as VMWare and KVM
- Experience with Nginx configuration for web services
- Knowledge of Docker and Docker Compose is a plus.
- Experience with VLAN setup and familiarity with SSH/VPN
- Experience with installation, operation and maintenance of firewalls, load balancers and switches
- Good knowledge in network security; including architecture and configuration of routers, firewalls and a wide range of security products
- Experience with wireless router/access point configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience performing network packet inspection, traffic analysis, performance characterisation (Wireshark, TCPdump, etc.)
- Excellent communications skills to clearly articulate complex technical issues
- Ability to approach problems with a sense of ownership, enthusiasm, and innovation
- Strong scripting experience
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, degrees in relevant field or equivalent practical experience.
- Excellent knowledge of all aspects of the networking stack
- Excellent knowledge of the wireless 802.11 standard
- AWS:2+ years’ experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution
- Big picture thinkers
- Good problem solving
Inflight Dublin will offer a bespoke remuneration package that meets the expectations of the candidate who has the ability to deliver substantial incremental profit to the business. In addition to salary, Inflight Dublin also offers an attractive bonus scheme, pension plan, healthcare and other benefits. For the right candidate, there will be the opportunity to share in long term value creation.
About Inflight Dublin
For 30 years Inflight Dublin has been at the heart of the In-Flight Entertainment industry. We have consistently leveraged our detailed knowledge of content, media and technology, as well as our in-depth understanding of passenger demographics to deliver optimum solutions for our clients.
But we have a lot of hard work, innovation and growth ahead of us to create a future of entertainment industry.