Inflight Dublin, a world leader in the provision of inflight entertainment to over 40 clients worldwide. We’re one of the two CSP providers in Europe and the only one in Ireland, guaranteeing global exposure into the world of Inflight Entertainment.
At Inflight Dublin, we understand everyone has different commitments, and as a result we provide job flexibility for our employees.
Great location, an attractive benefit package, an extra day off on your birthday and a wide range of social events including our famous bake offs and monthly Pizza Friday, definitely resonate with lots of candidates!
As we continue to grow, we are seeking to hire a Junior/Mid Level Node.js Developer.
We’re looking for talented Engineers to support the development and rollout of our innovative web/mobile entertainment applications. You should have a command of modern software development technology and techniques, strong coding skills, an incredible attention to detail and a genuine passion for what you do. You will also have a good understanding of client/server and micro services architectures, frontend design and server applications.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the deployment and development of our web/mobile applications that are used by millions of users. You may not have all the skills listed, but if you’re enthusiastic and willing to learn you may be what we’re looking for!
Reporting to the Head of Development, the Candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Work on software and hardware rollouts and testing of releases
- Work on frontend releases, software customisation and customer deployments
- Work on server software installations, application setup and content updates
- Work on tools to facilitate releases, server testing, and content testing
- Work on customer account setup and product maintenance
- Setup and manage server / service monitoring tools
- Monitor server logs and setup alert system
- Support other development work
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of application development using Node.js. You know how to design and build robust, high-throughput, distributed backend systems. You are comfortable developing, testing and organising backend modules and services to capture complex business logic.
You know how to write and consume web services of various flavours and you have a good understanding of frontend design and development.
Our role focuses on both the people leading and the technical side. The ideal candidate will have the following:
- A least 3 years of backend development experience with Node.js, building production-grade applications
- 5+ years software engineering experience in backend development
- Deep understanding of asynchronous processing, Node.js event loop, event emitters, streams
- Deep understanding of Linux
- Knowledge with common Node.js modules
- Familiarity with RESTful web services
- Familiarity with Docker-based micro services
- Familiarity with Test Driven Development e.g. Mocha or Jasmine
- Experience with Git or SVN
- Experience with SQL databases
- Experience with non-relational databases such as MongoDB or CouchDB
- Understanding of algorithms, data structures, and software design fundamentals
- Excellent communications skills to clearly articulate complex technical issues
- Ability to approach problems with a sense of ownership, enthusiasm, and innovation
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Familiarity with deployment, monitoring and debugging of Node.js applications locally and in AWS
- Understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience with Amazon web services e.g. EC2, S3, Lambda, etc.
Inflight Dublin will offer a bespoke remuneration package that meets the expectations of the candidate who has the ability to deliver substantial incremental profit to the business. In addition to salary, Inflight Dublin also offers an attractive bonus scheme, pension plan, healthcare and other benefits. For the right candidate, there will be the opportunity to share in long term value creation.
About Inflight Dublin
For 30 years Inflight Dublin has been at the heart of the In-Flight Entertainment industry. We have consistently leveraged our detailed knowledge of content, media and technology, as well as our in-depth understanding of passenger demographics to deliver optimum solutions for our clients.
But we have a lot of hard work, innovation and growth ahead of us to create a future of entertainment industry.