UX UI Designer
As a technology specialist and supplier to the aviation industry, we are a fast growing business and actively seek new clients through a variety of channels. Our customers are spread around the globe and reflect a wide spectrum of airlines: small private firms to larger household names that are the flag carriers of their country.
At Inflight Dublin, we understand everyone has different commitments, and as a result we provide job flexibility for our employees.
A hybrid working set up, an attractive benefit package, an extra day off on your birthday and a wide range of social events including our famous bake offs and monthly Pizza Friday, early Friday finish & Employee Assistance Programme definitely resonate with lots of candidates!
This role will include supporting the design and development teams in the creation of user-centric designs for a range of digital projects, working mainly on company wireless solution product ‘Everhub’ (its backend system and passenger application).
We are looking for a confident, solution-driven mid-level UX/UI designer who believes that successful product design is a collaborative endeavour, which comes always from having the user in the centre of any product design solution.
A designer both knowledgeable in applying research methods, being ‘walking Wikipedia’ of UX best practices and eager communicator to present and defend design ideas while liaising with the engineering team and business stakeholders. Eagle UI-eye and pixel-perfect attention to detail, as well as the ability to work under tight deadlines, is essential.
Reporting to the Product Owner, the Candidate will have the following responsibilities:
- Conceptualize original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex UX/UI design requests
- Identify complex design, usability, business problems and devise elegant user-centric solutions
- Prepare and present solutions to clients as well as internal teams
- Develop the full stack of Product design deliverables, from personas and storyboards to information architecture and interaction design, to wireframes and high-fidelity mock-ups for a wide range of devices, and finally preparing and doing final design hand-off to the engineering team
- Communicate design ideas and prototypes to developers
- Create and apply clients’ branding according to their brand guidelines across the entire Everhub’s product template, ensuring a cohesive brand and product experience
- Good time-management skills
- May work on other visual design projects, as a part of a wider company’s graphic design agency work (marketing, print, branding, social media)
The key attributes and skills that we are looking for in candidates are:
- Minimum 2-3 years’ experience working as a UX/UI Designer or relevant hands-on experience building and shipping actual products (not only websites)
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates product design thinking design skills
- User-centric design processes and methodologies: user research & user testing
information architecture, interaction design
- Experience in translating business and user goals into beautifully crafted, intuitive interfaces
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to various stakeholders
- Strong visual design skills: typography, layout, colour, contrast
- Experience working with Design systems
- Proficiency in Sketch or similar
- Solid knowledge of Adobe creative suite CC (primarily InDesign, Illustrator)
These additional skills would be desirable:
- Knowledge of material design framework and understanding of React frontend framework
- Eye for contemporary interface design, current UI trends, and practices
- Sustainable design and accessibility
- Experience of working with Jira
- Additional knowledge of print and brand design is a plus
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
If you do not wish your details to be stored on our recruitment database please email email@example.com stating this and we will ensure that such information is not stored other that for the purpose of this application.