Celebrating Ethiopian Airlines’ 75th Anniversary
To celebrate Inflight Dublin’s long-standing client Ethiopian Airlines on their 75th anniversary, we’re taking a look back at our relationship over the past 10 years.
Congratulations to all of our friends at Ethiopian Airlines! #75YearsOfExcellence
The beginning of a great partnership: Inflight Dublin first signed Ethiopian Airlines as a client.
During a trip to Addis Ababa, the Inflight Dublin team were treated to delicious traditional cuisine and fantastic entertainment at the famous Abyssinia restaurant.
The partnership was extended & Ethiopian Airlines hosted John & Barry, IFD’s CEO and CCO respectively, with Capt. Yohannes HaileMariam at their B787 flight simulator event, pictured below.
Ethiopian Airlines introduced Inflight Dublin’s Everhub Wireless IFE software to its B767-300ER fleet & Philip McCarthy, Inflight Dublin’s Director of Client Services, alongside Laura Begley, Inflight Dublin’s dedicated Account Manager to Ethiopian Airlines, paid a visit to the ever-welcoming Addis Ababa team at their aviation academy.
Inflight Dublin introduced a number of Content enhancement packages including
- Disney Classics
- Star Wars
- Marvel Superheroes
- EASE, Inflight Dublin’s Wellness Breathing exercise
Inflight Dublin and Ethiopian Airlines agreed to extend their relationship for another 3 years.
Inflight Dublin continued to support Ethiopian Airlines through the Covid-19 pandemic and most challenging time for the aviation industry, to help them emerge even stronger.
Gizman Kamil, Mgr. Inflight Product Development and Standards
We look back at some of the great achievements and enhancements Inflight Dublin has provided to Ethiopian Airlines’ inflight entertainment offering over the past 10 years.
- Supported ET through a number of inflight entertainment systems: Thales Legacy, Thales AVANT, Thales OASIS, and a range of wireless systems.
- Helped them to reach & maintain a 4 Star Skytrax rating
- Expanded their International content to include content from their growing network of destinations, including Malayalam, Korean, Japanese & Russian content
- Provided up to 8 languages per movie – worked with ET & Thales to accommodate their diverse passenger audience
- Produced over 200 pre-recorded announcements (PRA’s) in 11 languages
- Implemented Onboard marketing – Boarding videos, boarding music, opening & closing bumper ads
- Assisted in the delivery of the IFE insert for their inflight magazine (Selamta) & created an interactive microsite
- Continue to support them with their 2025 vision as the leading airline in Africa