“It gives us great pride to continue working with Ethiopian Airlines and we will continue to strengthen the partnership we have developed over the past decade. Our goal for the next 3 years is to excite and delight Ethiopian Airlines passengers through a diverse and expanded content offering, underpinned by a range of innovative services. Our immediate focus however is to continue providing support to Ethiopian Airlines through, and beyond, the current crisis.” – Barry Flynn, Inflight Dublin’s CCO
Celebrating Ethiopian Airlines’ 75th Anniversary
To celebrate Inflight Dublin’s long-standing client Ethiopian Airlines on their 75th anniversary, we’re taking a look back at our relationship over the past 10 years.
Congratulations to all of our friends at Ethiopian Airlines! #75YearsOfExcellence
The beginning of a great partnership: Inflight Dublin first signed Ethiopian Airlines as a client.
During a trip to Addis Ababa, the Inflight Dublin team were treated to delicious traditional cuisine and fantastic entertainment at the famous Abyssinia restaurant.
The partnership was extended & Ethiopian Airlines hosted John & Barry, IFD’s CEO and CCO respectively, with Capt. Yohannes HaileMariam at their B787 flight simulator event, pictured below.
Ethiopian Airlines introduced Inflight Dublin’s Everhub Wireless IFE software to its B767-300ER fleet & Philip McCarthy, Inflight Dublin’s Director of Client Services, alongside Laura Begley, Inflight Dublin’s dedicated Account Manager to Ethiopian Airlines, paid a visit to the ever-welcoming Addis Ababa team at their aviation academy.
Inflight Dublin introduced a number of Content enhancement packages including
- Disney Classics
- Star Wars
- Marvel Superheroes
- EASE, Inflight Dublin’s Wellness Breathing exercise
Inflight Dublin and Ethiopian Airlines agreed to extend their relationship for another 3 years.
Inflight Dublin continued to support Ethiopian Airlines through the Covid-19 pandemic and most challenging time for the aviation industry, to help them emerge even stronger.
Gizman Kamil, Mgr. Inflight Product Development and Standards
We look back at some of the great achievements and enhancements Inflight Dublin has provided to Ethiopian Airlines’ inflight entertainment offering over the past 10 years.
- Supported ET through a number of inflight entertainment systems: Thales Legacy, Thales AVANT, Thales OASIS, and a range of wireless systems.
- Helped them to reach & maintain a 4 Star Skytrax rating
- Expanded their International content to include content from their growing network of destinations, including Malayalam, Korean, Japanese & Russian content
- Provided up to 8 languages per movie – worked with ET & Thales to accommodate their diverse passenger audience
- Produced over 200 pre-recorded announcements (PRA’s) in 11 languages
- Implemented Onboard marketing – Boarding videos, boarding music, opening & closing bumper ads
- Assisted in the delivery of the IFE insert for their inflight magazine (Selamta) & created an interactive microsite
- Continue to support them with their 2025 vision as the leading airline in Africa
Here’s to the next 75 years of Ethiopian Airlines’ success!
Inflight Dublin selected by Ethiopian Airlines as its IFE Content Service Provider
Inflight Dublin has been awarded a 3-year contract for the provision of inflight entertainment (IFE) by long-standing client Ethiopian Airlines Group, the national flag carrier of Ethiopia.
Inflight Dublin has been providing IFE services to Ethiopian Airlines since 2010, ranging from content, wireless software, motion graphics and an interactive microsite.
Inflight Dublin will service Ethiopian Airlines’ entire IFE-enabled fleet with content, including 3 B767 aircraft that utilise Inflight Dublin’s Everhub™ wireless software platform. The content package will feature Hollywood blockbusters, classic movies, TV shows, local content and YouTube videos.
Ethiopian Airlines is the largest airline in Africa, operating a fleet of over 128 aircraft for short, medium, and long-haul flights to 127 international destinations. The airline was also voted ‘Best Airline in Africa’ for the 3rd consecutive year at the Skytrax 2019 World Airlines Awards.